Special LMGC90 Training session
Trainers: Frédéric Dubois, Rémy Mozul, Emilien Azema
Dates: July 3, 2018 to July 10, 2018
- to learn how to use LMGC90 with rigid models.
- to learn the python pre-processor possibilities to manage large collection of rigid bodies.
- overview of some advanced possibilities of LMGC90 software.
At the University of Los Andes, Bogota
Only a computer with the network (these materials will be provided by the University during the training session) and with preferably lmgc90 installed beforehand (please check How does it work section of the wiki if need be).
Tuesday 3rd of July:
- Introducing round table with the attendees
- Presentation of LMGC90 possibilities
- Presentation of LMGC90 user version
- Installing the software
- Recall of Python use
- General introduction to pre-processing tools
- Practical use of pre-processing tools
Wednesday 4th of July:
- Details on the input data files and command scripts
- Examples of computations involving granular materials and masonry structures
- Details on the output files, and restart
- Visualization generation
- Advanced Python use
Thursday 5th of July:
- Theory on the NSCD method
- Contact solver driving
Friday 6th of July:
- Correction of the homework of the previous day
- E. Azema: how and what data to post-process
- Post-processing data
- Python useful module for post-processing
- Informal discussion on any desired theme by the attendees
Monday 9th of July:
- Advanced topics: Fluid-Grains simulation, thermal effects
- Open questions
Thuesday 10th of July:
- Open discussions
This special training session was proposed and organized by Nicolas Estrada and Emilien Azema who have a long history of collaboration working on the behavior of granular materials and the effects of particles shapes.